Adventures Great and Glorious™ will be a stand-alone game that depicts the actions of kings, high priests, merchant princes, and generals. In briefest outline, the game will cover:
- The Colony game. What happens when someone strikes out on their own on the fringes of civilization, and carves out a freehold of their very own. Clearing territory, attracting settlers, and starting your own economy.
- The Power game. The interactions between various factions and centers of power in an already-established nation, allowing the best to rise to the pinnacle of power.
- The Long game. Rules for playing a game over successive generations of player characters, a la Pendragon.
- Full integration with Adventures Dark and Deep™ or any other similar game, allowing individual characters to integrate effortlessly with the factions of AGG, enabling a game master to create a massive combined game sharing the same campaign world, or simply have the events in one game influence the other.
- Tips and guidelines for running AGG as a purely PBEM game.
- Mass combat rules, intended for use with either miniature figures or with cardboard counters, to enable players to resolve battles the old fashioned way.
- Naval combat rules, intended to give a full measure of fantasy naval combat fully informed by history, again either with miniatures or cardboard counters.
I know that this has been touted as “the end game”, but I’m not convinced that all that many campaigns end up on this trajectory. Thus, I envision it as a game unto itself. Something compatible with, but not necessary to, a more conventional game where you play a single character, rising in level and killing ever-more-awesome bad guys, thwarting their plans, and taking their treasure.