- Pathfinder is outselling Dungeons & Dragons by a significant margin
- There are a ton of one-and-two-man game companies out there
- The larger companies are doing better, as a group, than the smaller ones
- Distributors are like the Federal Reserve. Seems like they print their own money. 🙂
The ever-interesting Purple Pawn has published its 2012 Game Industry Survey of retailers, publishers, and distributors. The link to the actual pdf report is in the above article, but the highlights from my perspective are:
Read the whole survey; it’s fascinating stuff.
I make videos now! Check out my channel.
Help me make free stuff!
0E 1E 2E 4E 5E 5E Greyhawk ADD Admin Beyond the Flanaess Board Games Books BRW Games Campaign Design Campaign Journal Cartography Castle of the Mad Archmage Character Classes Conventions Design Theory DMing tricks Elder Elemental God Erseta Film Reviews films G1-3/D1-3/Q1 Game Design Gaming Industry Gygax history Kickstarter Miniatures monsters My Campaign News Ogre-GEV Old School RPG Star Trek T1-4 Television The RPG Industry Wargames Whimsy World of Greyhawk WotC
Follow by email
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Links to DriveThruRPG are also affiliate links.
Blogs I Read
28th Sep 20By -C
28th Sep 20By James Maliszewski
27th Sep 20By chirine ba kal
27th Sep 20By Christopher Stogdill
27th Sep 20By TamsinP
27th Sep 20By pjamesstuart
27th Sep 20By RPGPundit
26th Sep 20By David Wood
26th Sep 20By paleologos
25th Sep 20By Timothy S. Brannan
24th Sep 20By Mike Bridges
23rd Sep 20By Jon Peterson
22nd Sep 20By Melf
22nd Sep 20By Ashley
- Corvus Belli Announces Starmada Sci-Fi Starships Game
- New Print Run of The Excellents and New Accessories Coming to Kickstarter
- More Soviets, Accessories, and Terrain Available From Battlefront
- D&D: Icons of the Realms: Fangs and Talons Available to Pre-Order
- Games Workshop Posts General's Handbook Update