I haven’t played Champions since high school, but I remember it as a fine game for the genre (in my own case, it got displaced by TSR’s Marvel Super Heroes, but that wasn’t through any fault of Champions). There’s a bit of bad news from Hero Games, publisher of Champions and the Hero system RPG, that they are laying off two of their full-time staff and remaining with staff of one. Even though I don’t count myself as an avid fan, I hate to see this sort of thing befall a stalwart of the hobby/industry, and hope that things turn around for them soon.
1E 2E 5E 5E Greyhawk ADD Admin Beyond the Flanaess Board Games Books BRW Games Campaign Design Campaign Journal Cartography Castle of the Mad Archmage Character Classes Conventions Design Theory DMing tricks Dragonne Magazine Elder Elemental God Erseta Film Reviews films G1-3/D1-3/Q1 Game Design Gaming Industry Gygax history Kickstarter Miniatures monsters My Campaign News Ogre-GEV Old School RPG Star Trek T1-4 Television The RPG Industry Wargames Whimsy World of Greyhawk WotC YouTube
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Links to DriveThruRPG are also affiliate links.
- Games Workshop Launches Voting for Miniature of the Year 2023
- “Party Panda Pirates” is Now on Kickstarter: A Fun-Filled Family Game
- Chaosium Releases “Alone Against the Static” in Hardcover: A Solo Call of Cthulhu Adventure
- Pactum Aeternum: 3D Printable Miniature Bits Hits Kickstarter
- Games Workshop Unveils a Formidable Squat Champion for the Ironhead Squat Prospectors
Follow by email
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously