This is going to require an insane amount of art, especially the Bestiary.
The Bestiary alone is going to require over 800 pieces of art (one for each creature; this is going to be (pardon the pun) a work of art, and is going to clock in at around 450 pages when it’s done. That doesn’t include the 100 or so pieces of art that the Game Masters Toolkit and Players Manual will require (some of the art from A Curious Volume will see its way into all the books, but that only comes to 35 pieces or so).
This will of course be a paid gig (but I have not as of yet won the Powerball). So if you’re an aspiring artist, can do b&w line art relatively quickly and cheaply, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A link to your online portfolio or other samples of your artwork.
- A quote per piece, with price-breaks wherever appropriate for bulk orders, for full-page, 1/4-page, and 1/8 page pieces.
- If you are willing to accept a percentage of the sales price in lieu of all or part of a flat-rate fee, please indicate so. This is neither a deal-breaker nor is it binding; just one of several alternatives that’s being considered.
- A rough approximation of how long it would take you to do 10 pieces of quarter-page art, just so I have a very rough approximation for planning purposes. This is not a binding estimate of time.
- Any additional relevant information (including especially large projects to which you are committed between now and June 2013, again for planning purposes).