- A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore: This rules supplement for AD&D, OSRIC, and compatible games was successfully funded on Kickstarter. The manuscript is done and sent off to the editor, the artwork is being done as I write this, and we’re on-track for a July release.
- Adventures Dark and Deep™: The rulebooks are pretty well done at this point. The open playtest ends one week from today (all comments and observations still more than welcome, but no more free downloads of the rules), and depending on how things go with A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore, the release might get moved up from the currently planned summer of 2013.
- Mapping Beyond the Flanaess: Seven out of the seventeen maps are done.
- Beyond the Flanaess Gazeteers: These would be designed for use alongside the maps. I envision at least four: one for Woguo and Zindia, one for the Celestial Imperium, one for the Sundered Empire, and one for the Black Moon Chronicles region. The first one is about 70% done and the next one is outlined.
- Temple of the Old Ones: An adventure module for this year’s DexCon convention in July. Outlined.
- Unnamed module: The stretch goal for both A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore and James M.’s Dwimmermount Kickstarter campaign. Outlined, deadline July.
- The Great Greyhawk Campaign: Yes, after I mused about it, I actually started to write the damned thing. No idea how long it’ll take me, or if it’ll ever get finished, but writing has begun.
- Sail the Solar Winds: A sci-fi space opera RPG. Little more than a title and some background in my mind at this point.
- Greyhawk Heraldry: I’d like to continue redoing the various heraldic designs of the Flanaess. So far I’ve got 12 done, and by my count there are at least 78 total, not counting the ones that got revised over the years as the setting moved from 576 to near 600 CY.
- My Minifigs World of Greyhawk photo gallery. This is eternally on simmer, as I continue to gather photos from eBay and anywhere else I can.
- Painting! I’ve got one starter army for Field of Glory done, but now that I’m back to Greyhawk, I’m thinking about redoing some of them to better fit. Plus I’ve got another starter army waiting, plus a gazillion goblins, elves, skeletons, dwarves, etc. etc. etc. I’m pretty much out of Ogre stuff to paint (well, not really, but I’m probably not going to be painting any of the rest any time soon), and I’ve got some renaissance ships that I’m holding off assembling and painting until the rest of the order gets out of backorder limbo).
- Running my ADD Greyhawk game. Every week, alternating Fridays and Saturdays. Just because I don’t have enough to do.
So the good news is that the biggest project (ADD) is done except for the touch-up work, applying changes based on the ongoing playtesting, and getting it ready for production. The bad news (from my standpoint, anyway) is that I’ve got a lot of other things happening, some of which have very real (and looming) deadlines. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it’s off to write I go!
5 thoughts on “So Many Pots A-Boilin’…”
Well Joe, you got me beat by a mile on Greyhawk related projects. Not only do you keep GH irons in the fire you work on your own original stuff too! Anyhow, it is great to see so much work being done across the net for what my friends call a "dead setting". It's never been better in my opinion!
Well, I never want to get to the point where I'm not doing free stuff just as a fan, for fellow fans.
And the stuff I sell is really just to make some money to buy art for the next thing, so that it looks nice…
I will definitely buy the AD&D books when they are published, but the other thing I'm looking forward to is the complete Castle of the Mad Archmage from Black Blade Publishing. You didn't mention this . . .
Good point! It's sort of off my radar because it's been totally handed off to the good folks at Black Blade. But I am told that Castle of the Mad Archmage is coming this year.
Can't wait to see Castle when it comes out, though I suppose I can't really open it up and read the thing all things considered.
Comments are closed.